Pumpkin bread is a delicious sweet treat that can be enjoyed in the fall or any other time of year, it’s especially easy to make if you have a bread machine and this pumpkin bread recipe for bread machine. It is sure to please the whole family when served as a dessert or a special breakfast treat. Since it is a quick bread, it requires no rising time and uses baking powder instead of yeast. This pumpkin bread recipe is particularly moist and flavorful, with a lively taste from a variety of warm spices. You may either use canned pumpkin puree or make your own (instructions below).
Recipe: Bread Machine Pumpkin Bread
Summary: A bread machine recipe for pumpkin bread.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil, such as canola or safflower
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- To prepare fresh pumpkin puree, cut a small pie pumpkin in half. Remove the seeds and strings. Bake pumpkin halves with their cut sides down on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, or until soft. Let cool slightly, then scoop the flesh out of the skin and mash it thoroughly (optional).
- Grease your bread machine’s pan lightly with butter or a nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat together oil, pumpkin puree, eggs and sugar in a medium bowl until mixture is smooth and light.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and spices until thoroughly combined.
- Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture in three batches, mixing after each addition just until all ingredients are incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Add chopped nuts to batter and stir gently (optional).
- Add batter to prepared pan and bake on your bread machine’s “quick bread” cycle according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- When bread is done baking, remove the pan to a wire rack. Allow it to cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then remove it from the pan and continue to cool. Bread may be served slightly warm or at room temperature.
Pumpkin bread recipe for bread machine can be used for all sorts of occasions. It is great as an afternoon snack with a cup of your favorite tea or coffee, or as a light dessert with whipped cream and fruit. For a special morning treat, set your bread machine to bake it overnight and enjoy waking up to its warm, spicy scent.
Cooking time (duration): 60
Leave a comment
- Quick and Easy Pumpkin Bread
- A Delicious And Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread Recipe For Beginners
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe with Fresh Pumpkins!
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Simple And Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe With A Twist – Pumpkin Rolls
- Easy Automatic Pumpkin Bread Recipe For Bread Machine
- Low Fat Pumpkin Bread Recipe